Nic Bellamy wrote:
Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

My client has all Grandstream GX-2000 phones in his office and he wants receptionist to use them for paging as well. Currently they are using Nortel and receptionist can easily do paging. He said that he had somebody setup their old Asterisk system in a way, that receptionist could dial an extension, after which her voice was heard on all grandstream phones' speaker phones. I want to know how to setup this type of feature on grandstream phones, i.e. dialing an extension will activate all phones' speaker phones.

http://www.grandstream.com/FAQ/Asterisk.htm

There's a PDF there that tells you (a) what settings to put on the phone, and (b) how to configure Asterisk to sent the SIP header that tells the phone to auto-answer.

Cheers,
   Nic.

Please let me know if you get this working.  I couldn't.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux