Hi Dan,

Dan Austin wrote:
I ahve been using the RTP packetization patch for a while, and its going great. I have a few questions:

That is excellent.

I always get this message:
2006-08-31 22:11:22 WARNING[1278]: frame.c:1072 ast_codec_pref_getsize: Framing not set for codec alaw, using default 20

Not so excellent.

even though I set in sip.conf

[general]
context=default                 ; Default context for incoming calls
disallow=all                    ; First disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw:20
allow=alaw:20
allow=g729:80
autoframing=yes

am I doing something wrong?

That looks fine.  Does it work with: allow:ulaw:20,alaw:20,g729:80 ?

As far as the above is concerned I have the following:

I am using Asterisk 1.2.10, patched with this patch for 1.2.10. I have 2 * boxes. They call each other over SIP, and I have in sip.conf on both boxes

autoframing=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729:80

When A calls B, it sets ptime:80.

On B I see this:
We're at 192.168.0.64 port 11004
Adding codec 0x100 (g729) to SDP
Sep 7 18:16:16 WARNING[5529]: frame.c:1072 ast_codec_pref_getsize: Framing not set for codec g729, using default 20

and ptime:20

So B is setting packetization to 20, when it should be 80, and is not
respecting autoframing.

I have tried this with reinvites=yes and no, and autoframing=yes and no, still
the same.

Also, I am not sure if this is a bug.
If in sip.conf, if I set

[yusuf]
username=yusuf
secret=yusuf
type=friend
callerid=1002
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
allow=all
host=dynamic
context=sip

BUG!
Which version of the patch and what SVN version?  I suspect it has
to do with one or more of the codecs that we could not find
framing/packetization details about.  Is alaw the codec used in the
call that causes the crash?

then when asterisk calls, it says I have not set Framing (like above

msg),

then asterisk just dies.

If I chane the line
allow=all to allow=alaw:20

then its fine, and asterisk does not die.

Dont know if this is a bug, so I wont post debug/full messages now.

--
thanks,
yusuf

believed to be clean.