On 9/12/06, John Marvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
shadowym wrote:
[snip]
Asterisk not padding files to
even 20ms increments when playing them. So, although that may be a bug
in Asterisk, I thought I would see if that was the problem by writing a
quick C program to pad all my ulaw files to multiples of 160 bytes.
Voila, all clicks and pops were gone. So, I don't know if that is the
only issue, and perhaps there are other problems people are having, but
padding the files fixed the issue for me. Obviously this should be fixed
in Asterisk.

If anyone else wants to try this experiment I've enclosed the simple C
program I wrote below. If you compile it and call it padulaw here is how
I fixed all the files:

find /var/lib/asterisk/sounds -type f -name '*.ulaw' | xargs padulaw

This program could be easily modified to pad .sln files to a multiple of
320 bytes (the files would be padded with 0x0000 rather than 0xff).

John

[snip]

I don't suppose you know what the silence padding bytes would be for ALAW?

Thanks,
Steve