I also think you get what you pay for and I don't use hfc based isdn
cards in production any more. Having said that, a small home
installation isn't quite the same as a 30 user office environment. My
home-pbx for example is quite happy reloading asterisk+zaphfc every
night. Of course not something I'd accept in a production environment,
but that's probably not what HFC-s cards are aimed at either, right?

Imho, the bri cards based on hfc chipsets work very well.. I too have
some problems with bristuff, but I don't think the card is to be
blamed here..

The mISDN way looks like a better way, the BRI cards of digium also
use it.. And they're not cheap.. So I guess it's time (for me at
least) to reconsider the setup and try out the mISDN-way.. It's no
problem to use mISDN with the quadbri of junghanns or beronet, they're
all hfc-based..

cheers