Sean Kennedy wrote:
Hey list,

Short version:
I have a need to disable the hardware can on the tdm24xxp I have. I figure it's something in zconfig.h in the zaptel directory, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

Long version:
I have a tdm2403e card which is experiencing an odd problem; When several lines are in use, there is a "bleeding" of lines. My users call it the 'ghost'. Regardless, they can hear other people's conversation on different lines. I've been told this has to do with the hardware echo can I have on there, and that I should disable it if I continue having problems. So that's where I stand.

Answers and opinions welcome.

Crosstalk is not an Echo Cancel issue. It is usually caused by a wiring issue. Search the archives or look at the Zaptel README for the module option to disable the echo canceler.