Hi Tzafrir,
1) it is provided with asterisk
2) it is called by asterisk init script by default (and the asterisk init script is provided by default too) so I think/hope it is good enough
3) actually I have got nothing else and time is very short
4) I need something to restart asterisk in case of failure
5) many people on internet say to use it

I used to launch safe_asterisk directly...maybe this was my error...now I use the init script inside contrib/init.d...maybe I'll be more lucky.

Giorgio Incantalupo