Ricardo Carvalho wrote:
I'm running Asterisk version 1.2.10. I also tried with version 1.2.4 and got same problem.
I use SIP and in my extensions.conf I have the following code:

exten => _[a-z].,1,Answer
exten => _[a-z].,2,Wait(1)
exten => _[a-z].,3,VoiceMail(${EXTEN})
exten => _[a-z].,4,Hangup

Through my testing I found that the problem is that when someone enters for example john's voicemail, Asterisk "thinks" that "j" letter is jump flag to n+1 priority. How can I disable, (if possible) this erroneous interpretation that Asterisk does?

Have you tried exten => _[a-z].,3,VoiceMail(u${EXTEN})