On 2006-10-24 10:32:09 -0700, "Henry.L.Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Hi all, the lists seems to be littered with disconnect problems using
various equipment (TDM 400,Linksys etc etc.)
My question is very simple and could make for good solution to Asterisk
users.
Since * can detect various tones according to different country standards
would it be possible to disconnect on the 'off-hook' warning tone?
This doesn't seem very helpful, unless I am misunderstanding. It takes quite a while for this warning to start. Generally, I think these problems are about a delayed hangup detection, but rarely in my (very limited) experience does it persist long enough to get to the off hook warning tone.
This tone is:
1400 Hz, 2060 Hz, 2450 Hz, and 2600 Hz, at a cadence of 0.1s on, 0.1s off .
is it very easy to establish if this tone is present on the line simply
ask the non-asterisk end to hangup and wait on the line if you hear a lou d
warning tone then that is the disconnect tone!.
If this tone could be detected and issued as the "#" then * would see thi s
as a dialled digit and force a disconnect.

I don't understand this last bit either... This could be a last defense against off hook PSTN lines.

My biggest issue of this kind is with my gateway (wellgate 3701a) which doesn't sense the hangup very quickly and leaves me quite a few empty voicemails...

I had it set to do polarity reversal detection, which fixed the voicemail, but seemed to hangup on some calls (which is far worse).

Marty