Hi Bill -

I would like to setup Asterisk for voicemail with CallManager 3.3(5).  I
would like to know what would be the best Distro of Linux to use and
version, what version of Asterisk works best to interact with CallManager,
and what H323 ChannelType works.  As you probably read in another thread I
tried FC5 with Asterisk 1.4 and OOH323 (included with the addons package).
This doesn't seem to work to well, as somewhere along the line either CCM or
OOH323 is disconnecting the call as soon as the playback application is run.

At the present time, I would not use Asterisk 1.4, especially if you
plan on using this in production.  It's definitely still a beta
release.  1.2.12.1 should work for what you're trying to do,
especially with any version of FC (but FC4 or FC5 are probably safest
for right now).  Have you taken a look at the WIKI article:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cisco+CallManager+Integration

- Noah