I have been forced to introduce a Cisco 7971G-GE into my network, because “it has a pretty screen.”  I have wasted nearly three days fighting with the thing based upon the information on voip-info.org and a few other forums.

Asterisk is reporting a 401 Unauthorized.  Which typically means bad username/password combination.  Unfortunately, all of the usernames and passwords I see in the config file, are as they appear in the sip.conf.

Is it possible to get further debug information from Asterisk regarding the 401—ie.  What Asterisk doesn’t like about it?

The chances that the information I have obtained from voip-info.org or the other forums that discuss the 7971G-GE and Asterisk could be incomplete.  Would anyone happen to have a working configuration for the 7971G-GE (running SIP70.8-0-4SR1S) they would care to share, or allow me to purchase.

I really need to get the child who signs my paycheck his “pretty screen.”

Thanks in advance,

kw