Why not directly use ip address in host= line in extensions  instead of dynamic address like sip.voipprovider.com .. temporary fix but it may work .

On 13/11/06, Steve Langstaff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A search of google should turn up some recommendations about running a
local cacheing DNS proxy, or similar.

I've never done it myself (the "cacheing proxy", not the "searching on
google") so I don't know the specifics.