After testing and playing around it seems that AST sends
what is in the    "sip.conf:fromuser" field as the VM box.

Or SNOM is reading the wrong field in the SIP packet.

If I set sip.conf:fromuser=*98  for my SNOM phone  then
when pressing  MWI on that phone will ring voicemail.

>From looking at chan_sip.c  it doesn't look like the
MWI notification routines are setting this, but I'm
not sure ??