I'm using my own lookup script, published on http://muware.com/asterisk

It does use various web-services in attempting to find a name -- this obviously only works in the US environment. I maintain the incoming numbers using a very crude php-script, but phpMyAdmin works wonders.

Vincent Delporte wrote:
Hi

Most of our customers have generic names like "Hospital", so I need to rewrite their caller ID name by looking up the number in a database on the Asterisk server, and rewriting the name such as "Reading Hospital" so that we know who's calling.

Any idea if this can be done with Asterisk, and how to do it?

Thank you.