Doug Lytle wrote:
Hey everybody,

I wanted to know what other may be doing to stem the flood of inbound junk faxes?

We currently using Asterisk/iaxmodem/Hylafax for fax services and get a number of junk faxes daily. Most (If not all) of them have caller-id blocked and have a TSI of "". I was hoping that, since we are using a PRI, there would be other information coming across that I could use to identify these spammers. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Doug

Is this an 800 number? If so, and maybe if your telco is very nice, you can get ANI. Toll free lines get ANI for billing purposes but it is much more useful than just billing. Sometimes you just have to request it. ANI cannot be blocked like callerID. If the spammers are sophisticated enough, they can still get around the ANI but I doubt they are.

BTW OT from another thread, I upgraded IAXmodem and used the example Hylafax modem config files instead of using Hylafax's addmodem and things seem to be much better. Keeping my fingers crossed and will load first thing Monday.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro