On 24 Nov 2006, at 22:40, Lachek Butalek wrote:

Okay, I *think* I got it, but I must be missing something. Here is
what the files say on the various boxen:

On *1:

[401]
type=friend
secret=password
qualify=yes
port=4569
notransfer=yes
host=dynamic
dial=IAX/401
context=from-internal

[601]
type=friend
secret=password
qualify=yes
port=4569
notransfer=no
host=dynamic
dial=IAX/601
context=from-internal

On *2:

iax.conf:

[601]
type=friend
disallow=all
context=from-internal
canreinvite=yes
allow=ulaw

[asterisk-1]
username=601
type=peer
secret=777
qualify=yes
host=asterisk-1.someplace.net
disallow=all
context=from-internal
canreinvite=yes
allow=ulaw

register=601:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

extensions.conf:

[outrt-003-CallA1]
exten => _4XXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:1},,)
exten => _4XXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

So now, of course, I can call from *2 to extension 401 on *1 (by
dialing 4401) without a problem, but I still cannot seem to call from
*1 to extensions on *2. It's complaining about there not being a route
to the given extension, which makes sense I guess. I don't know how to
create a proper outbound route on *1 to *2 since I don't have a trunk
to direct it to, just a registration. I'm sure I'm lacking something
fundamental here - any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure which lines of the above come from which machine....
but I think you have it right.....

Check that running:

iax2 show peers

on *1 gives you an entry for 601 (i.e. *2)

if it does, all you should need is :

exten => _4XXX,1,dial(iax2/601/${EXTEN:1})

(The trick being that you can put a peer entry name
into the iax2 dial string to _represent_ a dynamic host+port)

Also,  get rid of the port=4569
settings on the individual iax.conf entries
it is the default and it won't be right if one of your
firewalls does port mapping...

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/