On 11/20/06, Ralph Liebessohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/20/06, Alex Robar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Have you setup your PAP2 to allow the 729 codec? I believe you actually
> have to tell it that it's allowed to use that codec before it will work.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
>  On 11/20/06, Ralph Liebessohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've registered some g729 licenses, during register process everything
> > worked fine.
> >
> > But I'm not able to use this codec. I'm trying to use a linksys PAP2
> > to talk using g729 but I got this answer from asterisk:
> >
> > Should asterisk translate to another codec when trying to make a new
> > call with iax? Why can't asterisk make a call using g729 and sip?
> >
> > Some configuration.
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Ralph Liebessohn
> > ICQ: 74835911
> > Skype: liebessohn
> >

> --
> Alex Robar
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Alex,

I set on Audio configuration to enable g729a, g729a as preferred codec and
use only preferred codec. Is only that right?
With ulaw all calls work fine.

--
Ralph Liebessohn
ICQ: 74835911

Hi folks,

just to finish this thread.
I was trying to call from a pap2 to a pap2, nobody said me tha linksys pap2
can make only one call per time using g729.
I tried recording the call to asterisk, another servers and another pap2 and
that works fine.

Thank you.

--
Ralph Liebessohn