Dovid B wrote:
tacking pn = adding on - sorry for not being more specific.
I have seen that people in the past have used a linksys router to run asterisk. It would be to expensive to bring in a PC for every location. So we want to import "cheap home routers" put asterisk on them as use them as the go in between the IP phones and the asterisk server.
Check with Brian Capouch. He deployed Asterisk on Linksys WRT54G in some rural areas.

Caveat here: Cheap = not enough horses :). Don't expect to pass many calls through one of those things. You might want to look at deploying a lightweight SIP proxy on the router instead of asterisk.

Leo