On 11 Dec 2006, at 04:25, cb wrote:

I recently purchased a Mediatrix 1124 from an auction of a company that went out of business. It came with nothing other than the unit itself.

In digging thru the Mediatrix web site, and various google searches, it looks like it only supports SNMP setup, and only with their software (or the correct MIB). However, Mediatrix doesn't appear to let you download said software or MIB from their web site.

Does anyone know where I can get the setup software or MIB needed to program this thing? I *think* I need the correct one for its firmware version, but I can't find out how to tell what version firmware it has. There is what appears to be the remains of a sticker marked "Rev 4" on the bottom if that is any help.

It looks like there might be enough info on these pages to get you going:

http://www.sonoracomm.com/index.php? option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=32 Tells you that you can use netsnmp to talk to it with the public community name

http://www.abptech.com/mainpages/support/qa/index.php?target=mdtx- register
Gives you the OIDs of a number of 'useful' variables to set.

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/ HowTo_configure_Mediatrix_SIP_Gateway_with_sipX
Gives you some valid values

http://web.abptech.com/firmware/mdtx/ Configuration_Notes_0217_Remote_Line_Extension_(SIP).pdf Gives you some more OIDs and the overall structure of the MIB if you squint at the screen grabs.

Good luck,

If you need a hand with the SNMP side, drop me a mail....

Tim.

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/