yusuf wrote:
Hi,

I just got hold on an Orion E1 30 port GSM Gateway, and I am having problems trying to get the E1 link to come up. I am using Asteisk 1.2.12 with a Sangoma A101 card. I am quite familiar with E1's, both the Digium and Samgoma types, as I have successfully hooked up to many PBX's and such, but I just cant seem to get this one to work.

None of the 30 channels 'come up'. What signailling, crc checking, should I be Master or slave?
Sanity check: Have you read the fine manual :)? I understand Orion makes both ISDN PRI/Q.SIG and MFC/R2 type E1 channel banks. If it's the PRI type, standard zaptel with the appropriate NET/CPE setting on the CB should be ok. If it's a MFC/R2, then you'll have to try unicall.

Leo