Look at the digit map in your Polycom configuration files. I had the same
problem and had to chage the digit map to support an extra digit when
dialing 9.

On 12/20/06, Phil Finkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction here.  What I'd like to do
with Asterisk is a) dial a 3 digit extention (i.e. 100) on my polycom
phones and after the 3rd digit is entered, it dials that extension and b)
dial 9 to get out like older PBX systems.  Since my internal extensions
start with a 1 I think what happens is I enter extension 100 for example,
and the phone sits there.  If I enter 1, areacode, number the moment I enter
the last digit of the number it dials the number.  ALSO I'd like to be able
to dial local numbers without using 1+areacode.  Note that I'm using
voicepulse so it makes sense that it isn't intelligent enough to know when a
number is a local one or not.

Thanks!

Phil

Bruce