On 12/20/06, Rilawich Ango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have 2 sip accounts with name 1234 and abcd respectively.  Account
abcd can make call to 1234 but not visa versa.  When I change account
abcd to 1abcd, both of them can make call to each others.  In the
case, the format of sip account should be start with number.  I wonder
whether we can use a sip account using only characters.  Anyone can
tell me how?  Is it possible?

Yes, as I recall you cen use alpha, numeric or both. I am guessing you
do not have the proper character matching in whatever context the
calls are going to in extensions.conf.

I think something like this should work:

exten => _[A-Za-z0-9].,1,Answer

Regards,
David