Phil Finkler wrote:
No, I didn’t have m added.  Should I have it added?  I know I’ve ran Asterisk
with mp3123 in the past and music worked ok.  It seems when I hit the hold
button on the phones, it does trigger the message saying music on hold is
starting but it INSTANTLY stops.  I wish it gave some details as to WHY it
stops suddenly!  This is driving me nuts.

Phil

I was wondering the same thing as my MOH isn't working either in a 1.2.14 installation so I'm recompiling mpg123 as per:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+mpg123+redhat

We know you obviously need to use the "m" flag for the caller to hear MOH when dialing an extension, but I wonder if it's required AFTER the call has been answered and then put on hold.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee