Douglas Garstang wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Lyman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:29 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Re: Match a Numer - then continue with,
dialplan

Douglas Garstang wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: David Gomillion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*snipped

David, this is completely different from what I am trying to do.

Let's try this a different way. Let's say you have two
companies. When someone calls a number in their own company, we use their INTERNAL caller id. When they call someone in another company, we want to send their EXTERNAL caller id. How would you do this?
Doug.
if it is just callerid then wouldn't the gf stuff (if it still exists) work?

it was something like (man i'm getting old, looking up in wiki)

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,XXXX,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=OUTSIDE NAME|CALLERID(num)=xxxxxxxxxx)
exten => s,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=INSIDE NAME|CALLERID(num)=xxxxxxxxxx)
exten => s,3,Dial(yadda)

XXXX would obviously be the callerid num of the internal exten

I don't think that scales to hundreds of companies.
hey doug,

did you forget you already replied to this with
"
If there's hundreds of companies on this box, we'd need an exponentially larger number of statements...
"
not to mention it was YOU that defined it as
"
> Let's try this a different way. Let's say you have two
> companies. When someone calls a number in their own company,
> we use their INTERNAL caller id. When they call someone in
> another company, we want to send their EXTERNAL caller id.
> How would you do this?
"
note: 2 companies

tagged OT: as this doesn't even have a direction anymore.