On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Gavin Hamill wrote:

On Thursday 28 December 2006 23:27, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

vzaphfc is not a complete replacement of bristuff. It replies on most of
it. Rather, it replaces the zaphfc subdirectory with an improved ZapBRI
driver for HFC-s-based PCI cards.

Further, if you're looking for 'something else' re: cheapo ISDN cards,
definately give Asterisk 1.4 and mISDN a look - no BRIStuff, no huge patches,
no wacky stuff.. all Asterisk-core support that worked really well in the
brief time I tested it.

The key difference is rather than generating 8000 interrupts per second, the
mISDN kernel driver (which itself can be thought of 'isdn4linux' version 2.0)
polls the card, leading to much lower system load, and no 'wanted 8 bytes,
read 7!' errors from dmesg.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at it. The main reason for me to use bristuff is that i don't want to mess mess around downloading and compiling my own kernels. I am just running CentOS 4 boxes with stock CentOS 4 kernels. Everytime I was screwing around with making my own kernels sooner or later I got bitten by screwing up the installation of the kernel and the box wouldn't boot anymore. :)

On the wiki I found the manual from BeroNet which looks pretty straightforward but is for Asterisk 1.2

Any differences for Asterisk 1.4?

Thanks!!