Ray,

Have you considered using a VM architecture?

Bryan M. Johns
Partner
Shelton | Johns Technology Group
office: 678:248:2637 x:1500
direct: 678:229:1809
mobile: 404.259.9216
iaxtel: 700:248:2637 x:1500
http://www.sheltonjohns.com

On Jan 5, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Ray Jackson wrote:

Hi all,

I am attempting to build a horizontally scalable Asterisk deployment and am getting very close to achieving that goal. With Asterisk 1.4 I now have an IMAP backend for Voicemail messages which is great as users can check the same messages either through the voice portal or using Webmail. However, I'm not sure the best way of dealing with personalised greetings such as a user's unavailable/busy message etc. Despite the IMAP backend these greetings appear to be stored on the local file system under /var/ spool/asterisk/voicemail/default, which means if I build a farm of Asterisk servers - each will have it's own spool directory. My aim is to have *nothing* stored locally at all...

If there a way of storing these greetings in a database table or using IMAP? I saw the ODBC voicemail storage module, but I would prefer to stick with a REALTIME/IMAP backend? If I mount the /var/ spool/asterisk/voicemail directory remotely using a shared NFS mount on a NAS device will this work okay or lead to problems/race conditions etc.? Any advice would be welcome!

Regards,
Ray