actually, I was looking for Web thing. I'd like to delegate my customers (
i.e. companies) to manage their extensions via Web.

what are those *.ael files ?

let me desribe the task more precisely. we run telecom, and we sell phone
numbers to companies. what do we want to do ... I'd like to bound

"phone numbers" <----> "company"

mapping by myself (high level administration)

and let customers (i.e. companues) to add any number of SIP accounts, to
manage "phone number" <---> sip accounts mappings (within their company) and
to manage voice mails...

something similar to "Nortel Multimedia Communication Server". just two
level of administration.

On 1/13/07, Lee Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kate Kretz wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'm looking for a tool which can do the following:
>
> 1) higher level of administration, only one person, it can create
> "domain"s and per-domain administration accounts
>
> 2) lower level of administration, many persons, each can add new
> extensions and change passwords with their domains.
>
> somewhat similar to asterisk2billing, but with privilege separated into
> "domains".
> we want to sell VoIP for organizations and we want the possibility for
> every organisation to manage their extensions. Everything within single
> Asterisk installation.

Funny.  I was speaking to the person who originally peaked my interest
in Asterisk today about the same thing.  My first thought was to map
"companies", "tenants", etc to individual .conf or .ael files.  Like:

#include "/etc/asterisk/tenants/tenant_name_or_id.conf"

From there, each "tenant" conf can include its own necessary and
additional .conf references.

Then I would have to find a way to distinguish each tenant's calls in
the initial leg of the call into the system.

I'm just musing out load and would also appreciate some input on this
subject as well.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee