So, in sum. It's just an Asterisk "idiom" or "best(?) practice" that has become somewhat common. Every time I need to do the smallest thing in Asterisk I have to Google for 3 hours and read voip-info for the more hours, and then read old mailing list post for 3 more, until I can filter out *real information* from the background noise.

Maybe it's just me... I don't settle with the first solution that "SeemsToWorkForNow, even though I have no idea Why or How"

Ah... the wonders of Early 21st Century Web Fashion and documenting everything in big lumps of Little-Ultra-Hyper-Linked-Wiki-pages with contradictory and obsolete info!!!! Hopefully it will end some day and the world will come back to its senses.

BarZ