From: Leo Ann Boon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Works fine with my GE29393GE2-A. I think you need the right syntax, in your .conf it should look like
callerid="John Doe" <1234>

Note the quotes around the name.

Leo

Ain't working. 27935GE3-B simply says "unknown" or displays a blank if the string contains quote. I know that I can configure a softphone (e.g., Xten) to display correctly, because it has a user id and a display name. Anything similar in Asterisk?
Can post your zapata.conf?

Forgot to mention, I was referring to calling from Asterisk itself (like using console) to another Asterisk via SIP without registration. (Same as the original post.) Unlike a soft or hard SIP phone, Asterisk's sip.conf has only one parameter callerid.

Yuan Liu

You need to ensure Asterisk is sending the FSK signal at the right time.

This is from my zapata.conf:
Leo