On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Barry Fawthrop wrote:

Thanks all for your input.
Based on the comments given I guess I could
replace the X100p for a TDM22B and then connect the Fax machine to the TDM22B
and in the dial plan hae
exten => fax,1,Dial(SIP/40) (being the TDM port) and then it will ring the fax machine and pass the call in from the PSTN line through the TDM card to the fax machine?

It might work better if you use Dial(Zap/4) where 4 is the port on the TDM card... Also make sure the fax machine answers immediately and goes into fax reception mode immediately.

Right, this is possible also or use an ATA if not a TDM card ?/

Possibly. However faxing is very intolerant of packet loss, jitter, phase of the moon and so on. Remember you are carrying an encoded analogue signal in digital form, so make sure you do not use a "lossy" codec (ie. G711 only) and while you or I may be quite tolerant of the odd click, and packet drop, an analogue modem signal (Which is what a fax communication is) is not tolerant at all.

Gordon