From: "Il Neofita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:37:14 -0500

But I tought that hangup was suppose to close the call, however, is not the case and a really did not catch why.

Now I see where the confusion comes from. Asterisk doesn't really speak English - or Chinese for that matter:-) In telephony, there is no way for the callee to tell the caller to stop ringing - unless you "answer" it first. Once you answer, you can do a number of things, the rudest being to immediately hang up. (I saw live people doing this intentionally.) Your only other option really is to ignore.

I just thought up this simple method to ignore: divert the dial plan to simply Wait() an unreasonable amount of time in hope that the caller hangs up.

exten => s,1,Dial(yourcell,5)
exten => s,n,Wait(300)

That's assuming your provider provides disconnect supervision. You can also Play(prerecorded,noanswer) if your provider supports it. (Won't hurt to try even if not - but disconnect supervision is a must.)

Yuan Liu