From: "Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:09:07 -0600

Paradise Dove wrote:
On 2/22/07, Yuan LIU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: Pavel Jezek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:39:22 +0100
>
>I think, this can be solved using phone autoanswer feature, look at
wiki...

>  exten => s,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer)
>  exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/myphone)

Or without. One of my contexts is set up exactly like the original sample.
Just Dial(), no Answer(). (I think I've seen textbook samples like that,
too.) Asterisk bridges the call when the callee picks up. (That's the main
work Asterisk does: bridging calls.)

BUT, when callprogress=yes, asterisk doesn't bridge the call and just ring
for the caller and noise for called!!
is it a bug or it's normal?

That zap channel happens to use usecallprogress=yes, and it did not have this problem. I'm very confused about all these feature names like why usecallprogress and callprogress (some examples use one, others use the other), version compatibility, etc. But this particular setting does not affect SIP/RTP connection. Come to think about it, callprogress only affects Zap channel and should not affect RTP. There must be other things that prevent RTP from streaming.

Don't use callprogress.  It doesn't work.

Until you are desperate and callprogress is the last straw in sight:-)

Yuan Liu