Pavel Jezek wrote:

it can be also usefull to use 'limitonpeer' option in sip.conf
with this, it would not be needed to define separate type=user and type=peer for each phone,
instead define one type=friend and apply limitonpeers=yes

;limitonpeers=no ; Apply all call limits ("limit=") only to peers, never ; to users. This improves handling of call limits ; and device states in certain situations. The user part ; of a type=friend will still be affected by the call ; limit, but Asterisk will only use one object for
                               ; counting the simultaneous calls.

I'm a little confused about the comments shown above, which I assume are from sip.conf.

"limitonpeers=yes" would seem to imply that the limit= value would only apply to the peer portion of the sip user.

But the included comments say, "The user part of a type=friend call will still be affected by the call limit"

Those seem to be in conflict, but perhaps it's just my parser :-) Could someone clueful explain?

B.

believed to be clean.