--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
Hi,

I have a requirement for sending and receiving faxes and was wondering the best
way to achieve it with Asterisk as I only have one phone line.

I currently have a TDM11B in my server (1 x FXO, 1 x FXS), so I was thinking
that I would need to get a additional FXS module, connect that to a Eicon Fax
card, and then when receiving a call detect the fax tone and bridge the call to
the FXS channel.

Would that work okay ? Just seems fax cards are very expensive for what they do.
Setup a separate server with the modem and run Hylafax.

Thanks,
Steve