Trevor G. Hammonds wrote:

From: Drew Gibson
Hi,

We recently updated from an early Asterisk 1.2 SVN to 1.2.15 (on Debian
Sarge) and the behaviour of our Call Centre queues has changed
slightly.
Before the upgrade, when a caller was waiting in the queue, the
estimated hold time was announced as expected ("estimated hold time is
less than 2 minutes ...").
Now the caller gets an announcement of their sequence in the queue
("Your call is now first in line ...").
I believe that the only changes I have made to queues.conf and
agents.conf is the addition of the "context=" statement and editing the
list of agents.

Has anyone else seen this? What am I missing?

regards,

Drew

Drew,
This has been normal behaviour for as long as I can remember.  The caller
hears the estimated time until they are next in line, then they hear the

                Sincerely,
                Trevor Hammonds
Hi Trevor,

I should have given a better example. Like Rob Schall, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc callers all get a sequence number rather than an estimated time.

Rob,
are there any common elements in our configs, like t or H options that might be getting in the way?

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson