I've got a very strange problem and I can't figure it out. I have a Cisco PRI gateway connected to * via SIP. When I debug on the Cisco, I see callerID name, but it is not getting to * via SIP. I am running * 1.4.2 and the latest Cisco IOS for my router. Here is what is happening:

A call comes into the gateway. It sends a SIP INVITE to * with "pending" as the callerID name (this does NOT show up on any phones).

* sends a TRYING message back to the gateway.

* waits 2 seconds (I have a 2 second wait in the dialplan) and then sends an INVITE to the phone.

The phone sends back TRYING and RINGING to *.

* then sends RINGING to the gateway and the gateways sends a SIP INFO with the correct CALLERID NAME. It doesn't matter if the wait in the dialplan is 1 second, 2 seconds, or 5 seconds, it never sends the correct name until after * sends it a RINGING message.

I never see any name on my display (neither pending, nor the real name). I am grabbing a tcpdump and I see "pending" and the real name in there, I just never see it on the * console, or on the phone.

The config on * for the gateway is pretty vanilla:

[192.168.1.100]
context=default
type=friend
host=192.168.1.100
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
t38pt_udptl = yes

* doesn't appear to understand the INFO message as it is spitting out some errors like below, and I am dropping calls after ~ 30 seconds.

[Apr 9 22:52:22] WARNING[14660]: chan_sip.c:1916 retrans_pkt: Hanging up call [EMAIL PROTECTED] - no reply to our critical packet.

If I disable the feature on the gateway that sends the name, everything works fine, but I obviously don't get name. I've spoken to several other people that have virtually the same gateway config as me and theirs works. I've tried this with * 1.4.2 and 1.0.3 and I get the same results on both of them. I am to the point where I think I have some * config wrong, but I can't imagine what it could be. Anybody have any insight into why * would freak out on an INFO message? I can send Ethereal captures if that would help.

Thanks.

Peder