A simple glance at their website will tell you this about the 501

" G.711 μ/A and G.729A (Annex B) configuration "

On May 2, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Jaswinder Singh wrote:

Try ilbc if the phone supports (free) or g729 ( better but your asterisk will need license if you want to transcode calls from g729 to other codecs or want to record calls ) . Also check your phones config if its support multiple codecs . .