On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 06:21:30AM -0700, Ron McCarthy wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Ive got a few * boxes connecting together, one box is doing
> AgentCallBackLogin() and then the 2nd box is holding some phones at a remote
> site. I have users login to the main box and * shows the user is logged into
> a extension that resides on the other box, problem is, when I go to make a
> call to a agent, I get
>
> "May 16 05:59:08 NOTICE[13897]: chan_sip.c:9750 handle_response_invite:
> Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"Ex 301" <sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >;tag=as4e18cbb4'"
>
> I have a peer setup in the box doing the AgentCallBackLogin() with
> insecure=very, ive also tried insecure=invite as well, no luck!!

I'm not sure what the link you have here between SIP and Agents?

Agents use chan_agent Dial(Agent/nnn) but SIP calls use chan_sip, so the two
don't interact in the dialplan. (SIP User 301 is not equivalent to Agent
301, they are completely separate.)

The error you have pasted here looks like either type= problem or the
extension 301 doesn't exist in sip.conf of the box that the invite is being
placed to. (or the IP address for the peer is wrong, etc.)

I would not rely on AgentCallBackLogin(). chan_agent has limited use, which
introduces a few strange problems, unchangable assumptions about how you
want to handle calls, and the AgentCallBackLogin() feature has been
(annoyingly) been deprecated by digium as of 1.4

The suggestion is to replicate the AgentCallBackLogin() functionality with
dialplan logic, and dynamic queue members. This is possible, but very
complicated (you do NOT want to see my extensions.conf!) and there is no
neat way to handle hints for blf keys when you do this, as you lose the
ability to dynamically track Agents in the hints config, and I haven't found
a way to dynamically update the hints that doesn't crash asterisk. If you
don't want BLF keys, this won't cause a problem.

Rob

--
Robert Lister      -   London Internet Exchange  -  http://www.linx.net/
sip: [EMAIL PROTECTED] -   inoc-dba: 5459*710        -  tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510