Sean M. Pappalardo wrote:
Just curious if you've checked out Linux clustering software such as OpenSSI ( http://www.openssi.org/ ) and run Asterisk on it? It features a multi-threaded cluster-aware shell (and custom kernel) that will automatically cluster-ize any regular Linux executable (such as the main Asterisk process.) If it works as advertised, it should just be a matter of adding boxes to the cluster to speed up processing.

As for Asterisk itself, is it multi-threaded enough to take advantage of 4+ way systems?
Sean,

Thanks for your response. I'm going to take a look into OpenSSI. It'd be amazing if it ran Asterisk without any side effects.

I've addressed the number of threads that Asterisk uses in my first follow-up post. In short, the answer is yes because it uses a 1 thread per call model.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer