On Jun 4, 2007, at 8:31 AM, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

On Monday 04 June 2007 8:24 am, Bryan Laird wrote:
  - Physically the phone feels very light and cheap, that if you were
to drop it that it might not survive very many of them.  The buttons
feel more
like a toy than anything else but once you get beyond that it works.

How are they for big hands? I'll have to do some checking around to see if I can find a rubber case for it or something, it's all concrete floors here.

Considering I too have the sausage finger problem... the buttons are incredibly similar
to what you find on the Nokia candy bar style phones.

- Address book storage is ok the interface from the phone is fairly
standard for what you would see in a cell phone and adding entries
isn't really
all that horrid of a task.  You can also add entries via the web
interface which does make for an easier way to add several entries
but the lack of
anything resembling a 'sync' function could be considered bothersome.

Bugger.

Last thing, one neat thing about the wip300 if you are adventurous is
the fact that the firmware is under GPL... so if you really felt like
it you could probably change the behavior of
the phone.

This I was not aware of. I will certainly evaluate this phone and it's bigger
brother.

Anyway sorry for the long message but I felt like chiming in on
this.  All in all I don't think it's a horrible phone I do however
think it's over priced for what it is but not enough demand on
this type of device is always going to keep the price up in the air.

Your message is *exactly* the kind of reply I was hoping to get. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a long response. I truly appreciate
it.

-A.

Bryan Laird, Sr. Manager CM Operations

                       -+-
Cablemodems are the gateway to the Internet.
The Internet is a gateway to some things that are  better left un-seen.