On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Nick Seraphin wrote:

Bottom line is, no matter what the FCC says... and if somehow you managed to get it to work without a CSU... I believe the phone company would have a fit if they knew you connected equipment to their network without a CSU on it. They're very big on standards-compliance and stuff like that. Sometime look into their rules and regs about colocating equipment inside one of their CO's... it's very very strict.

  Well, moreover, sans CSU the technology would not be T1.  :-)

I imagine there's probably a DSX-1 interface to an external CSU somewhere, or else another CSU card or element in the chassis.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems