> 1) You should replace your priority numbers with 'n'.  Just so much easier
> to know that the issue isn't with priority numbers.  And typing 'dialplan
> show <context>' is a nice way to see if everything is setup correctly.  The
> 'n' is a personal choice, but the longer your application the better.

I didn't know that was a feature until I just checked it out on the wiki but
I'm throwing it in.  Thanks for the update

> 2) I thought I read somewhere that AGI was now auto-answering the channel.
> But I guess that's not right.  AGI will auto-answer the channel if something
> causes it to do so.  If you want to post your AGI code without any database
> commands, I'll glance at it.

Well the "issue" may have resolved itself although I don't exactly know what
caused it to.  I'll experiment more to find out since it must have been
something I changed earlier today

> It may be good to check the ChannelStatus once in a while just to debug
> where the channel is getting answered.
>
> http://gundy.org/asterisk/agi.html

Also useful, thanks.  I may have another use for that if I can check on the
status of remote Zap channels on my other server

If you don't mind I have two other things related to this setup that I
remembered when I was fiddling with it right now.

First, it seems I have to have a 2 - 3 second wait before the AGI call in
order to get valid CID data.  Usually 2 seconds suffices for this one setup
but during that time the caller has had two rings before the local extension
has even begun to ring.  Is there something I am doing wrong that causes it
to take so long to get the CID?

Finally, if I call from a remote site, it goes to voicemail, I hang up
before leaving a message, and then quickly call right back again I get what
sounds like a fax tone.  I'm not specifying anything about faxes in the
extensions.conf and zapata.conf has all the fax stuff commented out.  My
voicemail extension looks like

  [voicemail]
    exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERID(number)} going to voicemail)
    exten => s,2,Set(vmnum=${VMCOUNT(${MAILBOX})})
    exten => s,3,Background(mtn/greeting)
    exten => s,4,Voicemail(s${MAILBOX})
    exten => s,5,GotoIf($["${VMCOUNT(${MAILBOX})}" = "${vmnum}"]?7)
    exten => s,6,NoOp(${CALLERID(number)} left a voicemail - sending alert)
    exten => s,7,Hangup

Any thoughts on how I can stop whatever this fax issue is?

--
  Matthew Harrell                          "Think of it as evolution in action"
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.