Dear Philipp;

Kindly find the part of the configuration as below:

[general]

allow=all

disallow is comment by ( ; ).

[bilal_sip]
type=friend
context=internal
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

So where is the problem? The endpoint does not
register and nothing appear on trace level 3. And the
amazing thing that if the endpoint send wrong username
(for example: bilal_sip100) then it does not register,
but we see the failed attempt of registration at
Asterisk CLI (with trace level = 3).

Please any help?
Regards
Bilal Ghayad
Mobile: 009659849460

> If secret enabled, then some endpoints can not
> register (maybe due to compatibility in reading the
> negotiation packets), so what is the solution?

I'm sure they can. Maybe you could tell the list which
endpoints don't work?

> Also in SIP registration: why I do not see the log
for
> registration packets periodically while I can see
this
> in IAX2? Is it related to my v tracing level?

Probably. How about you try with more vvv?
If you *really* need to see what's going on you might
add "verbose"
and "debug" to the "console=>" entry in logger.conf.
But that's
probably not what you want.

> Last point: I noticed that some endpoints that are
not
> able to register (when secret is required), then I
was
> not able to see any log at the asterisk side while
SIP
> client still not registered. At least, it should
> display the fail for registeration, why does not
> display it? Is it related to my v tracing level?
Where
> in the same tracing level, I am able to see the
> registeration fail if the endpoint sent an wrong
> username. For example if the context was [bilal_sip]
> and the endpoint username was "bilal_1000" then I
see
> a the message (log) that declare that registeration
> from bilal_1000 failed (ofcourse because bilal_1000
is
> not configured while bilal_sip is configured in the
> sip.conf).

Could you send the part of your sip.conf? Sounds like
configuration issue.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen