TeleSIP wrote:

UPDATE:
We were able to consistently reproduce this problem using a Grandstream
phone with buggy firmware.

Mark Spencer logged into our Asterisk and identified the issue.  He said it
was a typo in an ast_mutex_lock.  After fixing it, the problem seems to have
been solved.  We have now repeated about 100 calls and no lockup (with the
buggy phone we were able to lock it up in under 7 calls).

CVS should now reflect his fix.

And by the way, do not use firmware > 1.0.4.18 on GS phones.  It contains a
nasty SIP Port bug.

Regards,
Andres.

One bug I found on my GS ATA adapter.
I had it pointing to my * server for ntp.
I did not have ntpd running.
You could start a call, but during the call it would
do a ntp request.  The server was sending an ICMP message
back and then the adapter would terminate the call.
I fired up ntpd and all is well.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option