Anthony Messina wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2008 10:21:33 am Lee Jenkins wrote:

*snipped
>> Variable: CALLERID(num)=${DEV_NAME}|CALLERID(name)=Conference Waiting
>> Async: true
>>

> That was exactly my question (even though I forgot the "="sign). However, I
> am
> not able to get that to work for reason. I'm trying to set the
> CDR(accountcode) on the first leg of the call and am using Channel: Local/...
>
> I am able to get it to work if I use "Variable: var1=12345" then, use
> CDR(accountcode)=${var1} in the dialplan, but I was hoping to avoid this
> hack.

why not just add

Account: 12345

to the originate?

(side note: you can also have multiple Variable: lines (some versions of
asterisk have issue with the | from what i hear)

so the above would look like

Variable: CALLERID(num)=${DEV_NAME}
Variable: CALLERID(name)=Conference Waiting

those are bad examples as you should just use CallerID:

Callerid: Conference Waiting <DEVNUMBER>

i hope this helps.