I haven't tried all of them but.. at least Linksys ATA AdminGuide doesn't specify such limitation

"FAX Enable T38
To enable the use of the ITU-T T.38 standard for faxing, select yes. Otherwise, select no.
The default is yes"

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Fernando Berretta wrote:
Tzafir,

I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear.

Apparently Asterisk 1.6.0b2 and b4 has support for t38 because of some modifications on app_fax so the questions are:

1 - If I use Asterisk 1.6.0b2 o b4 and a fax is received from a FXO Card and this FXO port is forwarded to other ATA/Gateway is asterisk going to transmit this fax using t38 ?

Excuse my ignorance, but don't ATAs generally only support T.38 Origination?