I've been on a search to find out whether it is possible to somehow rig up a modem onto a line that also has an X100P on it, and (the rub) allow the line to be used for both inbound calling *and* answering calls on the modem.

I would imagine it would have to be in the dialplan somehow, but I can't even imagine where to start with an "s" extension that would somehow determine that it was a modem and then pass it on to my computer.

I have googled the archives for this but come up dry. I only ask because this appears as if it would be an abstraction of the fax detection idea, and I know that sort of thing is possible.

Thanks.

B.