Maybe the Alison voice is better, but I've found Cepstral to be a bit too mechanical. I'm using Ceptral Millie (since a UK accent is more acceptable in Australia than an American one)

The best TTS engine I've /ever/ run in to was Nuance Realspeak (see http://www.nuance.com/realspeak/) though I don't believe it's cheap - last time I looked it was a couple of hundred dollars per channel. The demo is back online after a long absence (though you do need to register to use it)

Francesco Peeters wrote: