I've got two DL385s and a DL320, and they all rock.  iLO especially rocks, but
to leverage the full functionality, you'll need to get the "Advanced License",
which opens up full blown remote console capabilities (via Java).  It's a
separate piece of hardware that, as long as the server PSUs have power flowing
into them, lets you do things like remotely power on/off/reset the machine
(referred to as virtual power), monitor OS crashes (picks up Windows BSoDs and
NetWare ABENDS....haven't Oopsed Linux on one yet).  iLO's allowed me to do
everything from BIOS upgrades to fixing NetWare boot issues all from the
comfort of my home at 3am in the morning.

The build quality is superb...more metal than plastic, so they can weight a bit
more, but I expect that of my servers versus desktop boxes.

I myself use RAID5 in my DL385 G1's (AMD Opteron), which hold up to six Ultra
320 SCSI drives, on a HP SmartArray controller (64MB of cache though....need to
upgrade that).  The DL320 is a RAID1 on 2x 10k rpm SAS drives, on a...P400 I
think w/ 256MB of cache.  All battery backed.

OS Support is great so far.  Just check HP's site for the "Proliant Support
Packs" specific to an OS, as they sometimes provide better drivers than what
ships stock w/ the OS (this is especially true for NetWare).

--J