This is a very common issue with Asterisk.  There is no good fix, but if
you make sure ALL IP addresses of the server are listed in /etc/hosts on
the server it may help.

Marius Muja wrote:
> It is using a local DNS server.
>
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Steven Kurylo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Marius Muja wrote:
>>> My guess is that the asterisk server tries resolving the names of the
>>> SIP providers when it tries to re-register to them and because there
>>> is no internet connectivity it hangs there for a while. However in
>>> that time all the local calls to the asterisk server stop working.
>> Try using a local DNS server.  Sounds like its waiting on DNS lookups...

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.