On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Alan Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Grey Man wrote:
>  > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Alan Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> Hi all,
>  >>
>  >>  I'm seeing a lot of these messages:
>  >>
>  >>  [Apr 30 20:28:57] WARNING[5402]: chan_sip.c:12543 handle_response:
>  >>  Remote host can't match request NOTIFY to call
>  >>  '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. Giving up.
>  >>  [Apr 30 20:28:57] WARNING[5402]: chan_sip.c:12543 handle_response:
>  >>  Remote host can't match request NOTIFY to call
>  >>  '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. Giving up.
>  >>
>  <snip />
>

>  > Asterisk does not correctly match SIP NOTIFY transactions in at least
>  > some cases. Your problem may be related to
>  > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11848.
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  >
>  > Greyman.
>  >

>  Thanks for that. Not sure I understand it all. I am not actually doing
>  anything when these messages appear. They occur pretty much every minute
>  or so. With or without any calls...

There was a post week ago (I was having the same problem). For me it
was caused by AudioCodes not understanding voicemail notifications.
So, first You can enable SIP debug to see what packets are causing
this, and if it's voicemail notifications, turn them off in sip.conf
(mailbox= line).

Regards,
Atis

--